[Server-devel] config file mess

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 17:07:02 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 3:39 AM, Joshua N Pritikin <jpritikin at pobox.com> wrote:
> I accidentally upgraded from XS_165 to a new xs-config (maybe 0.3.1?).
> The upgrade got stuck halfway through, and I cancelled it. What is the
> proper way to fix config files? Copy foo.conf to foo-xs.conf? I already
> fixed named and squid. What other services do I need to check?

Ouch. That will be a big disaster, I am just fixing the bugs around
that at the moment. Two options

 - reinstall the most recent xs-config you can get from the testing
repo. That will leave just a couple of broken bits that I am fixing
today hopefully

 - reinstall 165 from scratch

Seriously. Any manual attempt to fix 165's xs-config will take a few days :-/

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com