[Server-devel] wvdial woes

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 19:23:30 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 10:06 PM, Joshua N Pritikin <jpritikin at pobox.com> wrote:
> There is something strange going on. I have a simple set up. There are
> only two important network interfaces. I have a wired network connected
> to a WRT54GL wireless router, and I have a USB CDMA modem.

If this is on a school server, and you have only one NIC, the
network_config script has assumed that eth0 is the WAN.

Our networking setup is somewhat rigged (something that Jerry is
looking at curing for F9 :-) ) and according to Wad running netplugd
makes it trip up so we've disabled it. Maybe the usb connection
scripts start netplugd?

Once we are on F9 with a saner infrastructure, I do want to have a
sane way to support 3G modems. I'm not sure how to do it on F7 :-/ --

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com