[Server-devel] installing a school server

Joshua N Pritikin jpritikin at pobox.com
Mon Aug 18 22:46:30 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 06:06:17AM -0500, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> What version of squashfs-tools are you using? If it 3.3.x
> try adding -no-sparse -b 64k to the mksqushfs call

Yup, that worked.

However, my kickstart modifications were not successful. My hard drive
got repartitioned. Eventually grub failed to install. I'm not sure why.
After I installed grub manually then the system refused to up all the
way up, possibly due to a bad hard drive.

Now that I lost my data anyway, I'll just use a clean XS_165 install to
a different hard drive and see what happens.