[Server-devel] Warning: breakage updating xs-config

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 06:22:08 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Done a clean XS install off 165, and about to update it. But I
> reviewed /etc and /var/named (which I know breaks) and I already have
> a diagnosis.

And an initial series of patches

 - now the domain_config scripts do something more sensible and more resilient
 - we now divert config files for named, dhcpd, squid
 - we use templates - at least for files edited by domain_config scripts

the bad news is - the upgrade path is horrendous. First I have to
manage to get the files there. Look at the topmost patch in the
xs-config repo right now. It is nothing I am proud of, but should
work. Without it, all our files get diverted to .rpmnew

This is not my kind of fun :-/

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com