[Server-devel] Static Ip settings

Tom Mitchell mitch at niftyegg.com
Tue Aug 12 15:34:07 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 04:50:20PM +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 11:10:13PM -0700, Tom Mitchell wrote:
> > I have not looked for the build scripts...  Is there a  pointer?
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=users/mstone/puritan;f=install_hacks.py;hb=devel_jffs2
>
> line 161.
>
> # kill caches and documentation (needs to be done after we finish reading the rpm db)
> for dir in ('var/lib/rpm', 'var/lib/yum', 'var/cache/yum', 'usr/share/doc',
>             'usr/share/man', 'usr/share/info', 'usr/kerberos/man'):
>     lout(['/bin/rm', '-r', '-f', join(root, dir)])
>
> --
> James Cameron    mailto:quozl at us.netrek.org     http://quozl.netrek.org/

Thank you....

Removing the man and info pages is an obvious and necessary step to keep within the
tight space limits of the XO.    In a not too urgent future .. I would like to
see the "rm" become a "mv" so they can be captured and packaged for
something like a school server or slurped into some laptop.org web location
for reference by teachers, users and those doing community support.

Is this worth a low priority tracking ticket or some such...?

Regards,
mitch

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l