[Server-devel] unregister from schoolserver

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 14:09:41 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 23:55, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 8:15 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
>> I was wondering what should/must happen on the server side when an xo
>> wants to unregister. Is there already a command for that?
>>
>> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7765
>
> None on the server side, and I don't know if there should be one -
> there is no useful use case for it. It's OK for the XO to 'forget' its
> registration and not tell the server so as to be free to register to
> another server. Use cases are for testing and for change of school.
>
> The XS will probably learn (later) to forget accounts that it has not
> seen in a very long time.

There is an ejabberdctl delete-older-users command mentioned on
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Ejabberd_Configuration#Tips to remove users
who haven't logged in for some time period.

Presence Service automatically reregisters on the jabber server if it
gets an authentication error, so we don't track whether you are
registed on the server or not, any more - it just does the right
thing.

Regards
Morgan