[Server-devel] Need help: mounting usb devices on headless machines

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 21:43:55 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:19 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Some earlier versions of Fedora including Fedora 7 had it disabled in the
> kernel level because of the number of complaints and bug reports we got. I
> am not sure there is a easy way to enable that again in those kernels.

Ah, shame.

> I think it was enabled again by default in Fedora 8 along with detailed
> instructions in the release notes to disable it which helped. That is the
> same for Fedora 9 too.

Good to hear :-) - I've added a 'todo' bug entry to retry with F9 once
we upgrade - http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7902 . It probably doesn't
work on the F9s I have here because they are laptops which don't seem
to have the hw for it.

Thanks for clearing up the mistery.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com