[Server-devel] Reschedule XS meeting for Friday Aug 15 - or 10 PM Aug 14 EST ---- was (Re: not up for Friday meeting about the XS)

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Sat Aug 9 02:26:56 EDT 2008

feeling better now, antibiotics really work :)

How about same time this upcoming Friday? Will work on an agenda w/
David on Monday.

I see the key purpose of this meeting is to let you folks what
additional functionality we are working on for Nepal's XS and to make
sure that our additions don't conflict w/ future changes to the
underlying XS.

Here is the additional stuff we are looking to build into the XS over
the next 6 months:

1) Customized Nepali version of Moodle
2) Mail server using Squirrel Mail*
3) Setting up a local version of Nepal's E-Library on the XS, a copy of
Nepal's current E-Library  http://pustakalaya.olenepal.org which uses
the open-source fedora-commons repository software.
4) and more stuff that I can't remember  at the moment.
5) Connecting schools through ejabberd

* Some of these changes are targeted more at the teachers than the kids.
We are concerned that the teachers are using the XO's much less than the
kids and thus less familiar w/ them. We think e-mail is a relatively
easy way to get them to use the XO to the amount of effort to get it
running consistently. VoIP would be more effective but would require
much more effort.

--
Bryan W. Berry
Systems Engineer