[Server-devel] Pass that USB drive - We now have automount triggers -

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 20:48:16 EDT 2008

After a bit of looking around, I've packaged and added usbmoutn to our
repository. yum install usbmount (from the testing repo) will do the
trick,

With this, teachers and field technicians can trigger actions just by
plugging USB sticks on the XS. For example, I am working on a script
that will auto-install new XO images to be served via the xs-rsync
machinery.

For the time being, this is wide open and insecure. Security will be
based on checking that an md5 manifest is signed with the NOC key.

Some initial (and paltry) doco -
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Automount_triggers

The trac item
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7796#comment:2