[Server-devel] xs-rsync - now updating your XO

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 02:16:39 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 5:51 PM, David Van Assche <dvanassche at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I test this with my local XS then? or does it only work with
> updates.laptop.org?

You'll want an up-to-date rpm of olpc-update with a patch I've just
given to Scott. The patch is here, and applies to the olpc-update that
ships with joyride-2230: https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6371

So on the server
 # enable the 'testing' repo
 yum install fakeroot xs-rsync
 # should give you fakeroot 1.9.6 xs-rsync 0.3-1

follow the instructions in the README to publish the img. Make sure
you download the jffs2-tree.tar.bz image.

To check that the right stuff is being offered via rsync, you can do

 # on the schoolserver and from an XO
 rsync rsync://schoolserver/
 # will list "builds" and "build-joyride-2230" if you have joyride-2230 to offer
 rsync rsync://schoolserver/build-joyride-2230
 # will list "contents" and "root"

if that's showing ok, then on the XO you'll want an olpc-update with
my patches. Scott says that he's included the fix in the latest
joyride, I don't know if you can get the rpm easily... Anyway, with
that patch, you can do on the XO as root

 olpc-update -s schoolserver <build>

the plan is to automate things further, naturally...

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com