[Server-devel] xs-rsync - now updating your XO

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 21:17:38 EDT 2008

I've just published on the xs 'testing' repos
xs-rsync-0.3-1.xs7.noarch.rpm (make sure you get fakeroot 1.9.6 with
it) which can publish any files via rsync, and has special hooks to
publish the xo updates.

Here is the README for the package http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS-rsync

In terms of testing, it definitely updates my xo correctly :-)

Scott has in his hands now a tiny patch to olpc-update that adds
support for naming the update server, so we can test it. Hopefully
it'll make it to joyride soon.

I still have to read up on how the lease-activation->trigger-update
machinery supports update servers other than updates.laptop.org

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com