[Server-devel] moodle and authentication

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 01:58:19 EDT 2008

So... We've come to thinking about how to do the moodle authentication
from the xos in the easiest way, but also a way that involves the
teachers/administrators in some way. An idea we came up with is the
following:

-Modify the user database to include an extra field - lets call it mac
address, but could be any unique xo identifier.
- make a little script to check the xo mac address and pass it along
to moodle to check in its user database and log on...

The teacher would then check the mac address on the XO, while filling
in the rest of the data in moodle for the student and put in the mac
address....

what do u think?

David Van Assche
OLE Nepal