[Server-devel] Time for another Server-Devel Meeting IRC or Skype?

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Tue Aug 5 12:36:09 EDT 2008

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 9:17 PM, Bryan Berry <bryan at olenepal.org> wrote:
>
>> We are putting a lot of work into the XS here in Nepal after a long
>> absence.
>>

> Cool -
>

>> David Van Assche is now w/ OLE nepal full-time in Kathmandu working on
>> the XS. We want to make sure we are moving in the same direction and not
>> waste anyone's time.
>>

> Excellent! Sounds like you guys are doing a lot
>

>> How about an IRC or Skype meeting open to all those interested in the XS
>> later this week? If it's an IRC meeting I will be happy to post it to
>> the wiki.
>>

> Good idea. We can do it via IRC I think -- if it's just us, we can
> switch to Skype as long as we get some minutes somehow :-)

I would suggest Gobby so that more than one person can take notes. Gobby
will also support chat. We can predetermine who will take notes off of
VoIP, irc, etc.  Ubuntu uses Gobby for the same purpose at its Ubuntu
Dev Summit meetings. http://gobby.0x539.de/trac/ apt-get install gobby
in Debian/Ubuntu works.

The only major requirement is that someone will have to initiate a Gobby
session at a public IP.

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.