[Server-devel] Ugly JABBER problem

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 08:12:39 EDT 2008

Has anyone else actually been able to register a new XO without
specifying the jabber server?

We have tried this now with 5 different XOs from Nepali changed images
and fresh non-Nepali images with the same results... we have to do
sugar-control-panel -s jabber <fully qualified domain name>
or it will not connect to gabble... this has nothing to do with
shorewall as it connects just fine if we do it through
sugar-control-panel. I've also put exceptions to all the ejabberd
ports even though this should be unecessary seeing as the XOs connect
from within the non firewalled internal network.....

Am not sure what you mean with idmgr and dansguardian... we've not had
any conflicts between the two...

Registering from the UI doesn't work... but if someone else has
managed to do this, then we'll look for some other images....

Kind Regards,
David Van Assche