[Server-devel] Ugly JABBER problem

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 04:31:58 EDT 2008

I would like to use the same XO OS image for all my deployment schools,
w/ no configuration change specific to an individual school.
Unfortunately, there is one setting on the XO that has to be unique, the
jabber setting.

I have tried to use "schoolserver" as the Jabber ID but no joy. Need the
fully qualified domain name

Our schoolservers will have unique fqdn's so that we can eventually
interconnect the Jabber servers for common chatrooms and sharing b/w
schools.

For Example:
schoolserver.vishwamitra.schoolnet.gov.np

schoolserver.bashuki.schoolnet.gov.np

Any one have an idea how to get around this?