[Server-devel] F9 timeframe?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 18:19:27 EDT 2008

2008/8/5 Berkowitz Andrew (Project Connect) <ABerkowitz at schools.nyc.gov>:
> When do you expect that we'll move the XS to Fedora 9?

Good question. The main holdup is the network configuration scripting we have.

The XS configures its NICs and USB-connected antennae and general
networking setup in fairly specific ways, and the infrastructure
changed between F7 and F9 significantly.

In practice, I want to do it *after* a release with good features. So
help me make xs-0.4/xs-0.5 a good deployable-for-pilots-and-test-sites
feature release, and the following release will be a port to F9.

[Or, if you rather help preparing the port ahead of me - if someone is
keen on tackling port the network scriop and others bits of xs-config,
I can spare a bit of time to help flesh out a plan.]

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com