[Server-devel] Testing EduBlog

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Sat Aug 2 17:14:28 EDT 2008

On Sat, Aug 02, 2008 at 12:45:24PM -0700, Carol Lerche wrote:
>Michael, how did you envision publishing a blog on the Internet without the
>use of a server?  The kids are using the write activity to compose their
>posts.  I'm confused by your comment.

Carol,

I'm sorry I confused you. I envisioned that publishing content generated
in Write might be conducted by teaching Write how to push content
directly to the blog-server or by teaching Sugar how to push generic
Sugar content to the blog-server. I further envisioned that the student
-> teacher -> blog workflow might be accomplished by having the student
invite the teacher to the Write instance for which publishing is
desired, then by having the teacher run the 'publish' action described
above. This way, the EduBlog effort might have provided its desired
workflows and made a direct contribution to Sugar-based publishing in
general.

Michael