[Server-devel] Testing EduBlog

Tarun Pondicherry tarunpondicherry at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 01:49:01 EDT 2008

Hi Greg,
> FYI presentation will be in 1CC at 12:30 - 1:30 US ET Friday so please
> don't mess with the server for that hour.
We won't touch the server until after the demo is all done.  Especially
since this abiword stuff affects the whole server and is therefore
potentially dangerous.
> Send over any presentation or demo stuff you have done already (we
> will use it eventually) but top priority is doing what Pablo needs to
> start the beta.
If all goes perfectly well, we should be ready by Wednesday, Friday if
there are minor glitches.  Sorry for missing the August 1st target, I
did not foresee this Write issue in 656.  Marcel made good progress in
getting abiword installed and there are now a few dependencies to
resolve.  I am mostly trying to perfect the UI with Pablo's suggestions
and we can test both areas of work after abiword is installed.

I like your idea of using the mockup/backup for the demo.  I just tested
the version at:
http://edublog.venango.org/test/EduBlog/mockup/ui/student_sp.php
and it is working.  In the event something goes wrong with that, the
older version at:
http://olpc.betarun.com/dev/ui/student_sp.php
is also still up.

==

Also, I'm flying back Friday night and will be offline until Monday.

==

Thanks,
Tarun