[Server-devel] Mesh connectivity from regular WiFi gear

john at phrozen.org john at phrozen.org
Wed Apr 23 04:14:43 EDT 2008

Hi,

i am about to contact the developer of the open80211s kernel patches
to see what his status is, looks like the drivers are for zydas wifi
sticks (not ralink) i just compiled his kernel tree with mesh support,
but will have to wait till i get home on the weekend to dig out a usb
stick with the chipset and then test it with my XO. also there is a
ticket in the open80211s trac(or whatever he uzses) to add support to
the b43 driver, so i'll see if mb___ can help him out with that one.

if this goes well, it will be a matter of 1-2 days to add a
profile/feed to the openwrt tree to provide images that support this
feature.

i'll send an update when i have news

John