[Server-devel] Synchronizing xs-0.3 and xo-??? --- backups

Ixo X oxI ixo at myna.ws
Tue Apr 22 00:50:14 EDT 2008

FYI,
   Awhile back ago, I developed a quick-n-dirty little *rsync* script which
can be ran on the XO Laptop at any time and regularly.

Here's the latest online version...
    http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Ixo/Script/xo-backup-server

I've set it up on my XO. And run it when-ever and where-ever it is connected
to the Internet.  Especially after large changes or saved important
documents.
(currently only acts as 'disaster recovery archive', but with slight mods
could be updated to save the last N number of backups)

A similar idea / concept, was to do the reverse, from the SERVER backup each
laptop when available...
   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Ixo/Script/get-xo

Freely CC-GNU-GPL 'ed , hope it helps, -Ixo