[Server-devel] Customizing build 703 for mass deployment

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 00:26:47 EDT 2008

yes :), I would have to do it all over again.

I don't expect to update the os image for at least 4 months. Given that
it would take me a week's worth of testing to verify a new OLPC build.

In that four month period, I hope to find a more elegant solution.

not very elegant. Would like a better solution but time is short.

We don't expect the kids to run olpc-update do we? Running OLPC-Update
on 170 XO's would be a headache for me to do manually. Also, I would
have to set up my olpc-update server here in Kathmandu because we don't
have the international bandwidth to update against servers in the US

Anna Schoolfield of the Birmingham School District has asked me how to
customize an xo image. Lacking a more elegant method, I will have to
point her to my current one.