[Server-devel] Mesh connectivity from regular WiFi gear

Marten Vijn info at martenvijn.nl
Thu Apr 17 13:51:29 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 09:27 -0400, Kim Quirk wrote:
> Martin, Wad,
> We have promised to provide NYC with a schedule for the item you
> mention, Martin, trac #6855, as well as support for PEAP. trac #6900.
> I have told them that PEAP was a 2009 feature (mainly because I wanted
> to discourage them), but they have asked if we can pull it in.

Considering:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/network-wireless.html
and
http://www.freebsdmall.com/%
7Eloader/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/wireless/article.html

This would be possible and I am willing to put time in this.

If needed, I could put some effort to put it in firmware (tinybsd) for
any i386 mobo/embedded system.

The XS could to radius (and optinally config AP's with ssh/or/puppet)

Marten