[Server-devel] Mesh connectivity from regular WiFi gear (Martin Langhoff)

Greg Smith (gregmsmi) gregmsmi at cisco.com
Thu Apr 17 12:45:55 EDT 2008

Hi All,

FYI

I don't know what is supposed to work but they have tested a bunch in
Nepal.

I believe that a DLINK DWL2100AP was the first choice in Nepal.

Looks like they last tested Lantech WL54G BR with pretty good results.
See: http://blog.olenepal.org/ latest post.

You may want to check with Bryan, Sulochan or Dev Mohanty
(devm at nepalwireless.net) for the final word.
I added DLINK DWL2100AP to the wiki link below.

Initially Bryan recommended a DLINK DWL2100AP to the people in Cambodia.
I'm not sure what they ended up with but you can try pinging them too.
Main contact there was: matt wolstencroft
[mwolstencroft at fastmail.com.au]

I think the Cambodia discussion was logged under RT ticket: 8321
although I can't seem to access RT right now to confirm. There was
discussion of openWRT firmware, lazyWDS and other gritty details on that
thread with Michail Bletsas providing the input from OLPC.

HTHs.

Greg S

Message: 6