[Server-devel] AP association, and mesh behaviour

sulochan acharya sulochan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 10:23:55 EDT 2008

>Do you know whether it's just a UI thing, or does it mean that the
>antenna is still scanning? How can we tell if it is? (and is the
>scannign costly resource-wise?)

>  You are wrong about its behavior with known APs.   The laptop always
> >  searches for mesh portals.  If it doesn't find any, it then looks for
> >  APs that it knows about.  If it finds one, it selects it.

--> We've seen similar behaviour here in Nepal. I was believing that this is
only an UI problem and not network as a whole. I didn't find anything
unusual in wireshark either or maybe missed it completely. I've seen this
with Q2D14 and 656, 702 and 703.

Is there a way to completely disable the mesh search and get the XO to
display only the networks available?? We are going for regular wifi as AP,
and mesh portal search seem to add confusion.

best,
Sulo