[Server-devel] Building the School Server

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Fri Jun 22 13:17:12 EDT 2007

> > OLPC specific configuration files should be separate from those
> > provided with
> > the package whenever possible (FC7 largely supports this).

OK, I asked a couple of red hat people I saw around here, and no one
seemed to know anything about this.  Can you elaborate on the meaning
of this sentence a bit more?
To use a specific example, if I want dhcpd to use
/olpcconfig/dhcpd-config instead of /etc/dhcp3/dhcp-client.conf,
you're claiming that FC7 has some mechanism for doing this that
doesn't involve overwriting any RPM-controlled files?
 --scott
--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )