[Server-devel] let's write a compiler!

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Tue Jul 10 11:14:14 EDT 2007

A student of Vivek Pai's at Princeton, Anirudh Badam, has been working
on an implementation (called HashCache) of what may be something
suitable.

One of the major problems of existing caches has been that the ratio of
RAM required per megabyte of disk is way out of whack these days (disks
having grown much more quickly than RAM).  So to run any decent size
cache (say 100's of gigabytes), you need large amounts of RAM, a luxury
we don't.

When I last checked in with them less than a couple months ago, Anirudh
had running code, and was hoping something would be useful sometime this
summer.
                                - Jim

--
Jim Gettys