[Server-devel] OpenID - status?

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 05:48:41 EDT 2007

On 7/10/07, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> a notable one being its blind trust of DNS. Will
> DNS be reasonably stable/trustable in our network env?

I believe you may work with either IPv4 and IPv6.  The use of DNS is
to make it easier for people to remember the URI's, and that makes
sense because nobody in their right mind would like to memorize a
bunch of random numbers.

> Do we want it to be an OpenID server too?
> I think we do but just to check where the
> thinking is at.

OpenID for the OLPC, IMO, should be on a central server.  Actually, a
few months ago, I suggested that Ubuntu would link a Jabber and an
OpenID account to the Linux user account, to help people and promote
those technologies.  I believe the same should happen on the XO
system.

But I'm somewhat biased, as I believe OpenID (and Jabber, although not
related at all) to be some of the most useful things to ever hit the
Internet.

Best Regards,
Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves