[Server-devel] let's write a compiler!

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Tue Jul 10 09:22:07 EDT 2007

On 7/10/07, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:
> Squid is unfortunately not IPv6-capable. On our prototype machine in 1cc
> I've already set up Apache as a proxy, which allows connections to
> legacy sites from the IPv6 network. There is a new proxy server being
> developed for us to use, I believe.

There are various patches to squid for IPv6 support.  The killer
feature I want to see in any "new proxy server" is the ability to
pre-seed content -- I'd like to install a local mirror of (say)
http://education.br/FirstGradeTextBook in the cache.  Do you know who
is working on this "new proxy server" and/or who to ask about who is
working on it?  I've heard lots of vague discussion of apache and
httpd, but I didn't know that anything had actually started being
written.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )