[Server-devel] Power Switch

Xavier Alvarez xavi.alvarez at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 15:20:00 EDT 2007

If the alternative to the rocker switch is the
hold-4-sec-to-turn-off option, then from personal experience with
unreliable electricity, a rocker switch gives a lot more peace of
mind.

Sure, you may have a UPS, power-strips with switches, but in my
mind, I run for the switch in the box... lacking that, my second
instinct is to pull the cord, and worry later about 'peripheral'
damage.

Also, many people assume that if a computer is 'off' it's "off the
grid"...

My 2cts,
Xavier

On Friday 29 June 2007 15:32, John Watlington wrote:

JW> All,
JW>     For cost reasons, we are now looking at a single,
JW> hard-wired rocker switch on the bottom of the unit serving as
JW> a power switch.
JW>    I'm actually inclined to eliminate the power switch,
JW> except that I don't want the connector to spark when a server
JW> is connected to it's power source.
JW>
JW> Comments ?
JW> wad

XA