[Server-devel] let's write a compiler!

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Jul 2 13:41:42 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Tuesday 12 June 2007 20:06, Toby Knudsen wrote:
> I get a sense that with the server sporting a PowerPC chip and the
> wiki saying to "stay close to Fedora 7" you are asking for some
> heartache.

I dont understand why (exactly) you mean PowerPC will mean headache, and I
would like to understand that :)

Is powerpc on fedora not equally well supported? On Debian its mostly no
problem, occasionally there are some true. (Which on Debian is mostly true
for non macintosh powerpcs, as their numbers in the developer population are
smaller.)

The new livecd tools from fedora7 dont support powerpc yet, though there were
patches on the mailinglist. (Which I can only test on macintosh powerpcs :)

But in general I would expect fedora-powerpc to be the same as fedora-i386?

regards,
	Holger