[Server-devel] backing up config files

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Dec 5 07:49:25 EST 2007

Hi,

I had a look what I think needs to be saved besides the
journal/datastore data.

  - profile of browse SAR/data/gecko
  - ~/.i18n for the language settings
  - ~/.sugar/default/config (jabber server, buddy/color and buddy/nick)
  - ~/.sugar/default/owner.key and ~/.sugar/default/owner.key.pub
  - timezone: /etc/sysconfig/clock and /etc/localtime

Since this can not be set by the user besides editing this file by hand
I think we do not need this for now.
  - keyboard settings: /etc/sysconfig/keyboard

No config file but could be of interest (I guess not for this release
though).
  - user installed library-bundles and activity bundles

Best,
    Simon