[Server-devel] automatic live-installer works - anaconda bug found

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Tue Aug 21 14:17:04 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've finally found the fix for the bug #243374 in anaconda, it's the same as
the fix for #244913: using anaconda/livecd.py from 2007-06-26 on top of
anaconda from fedora7 works nicely, and so
http://xs-dev.laptop.org/xs-live-installer/200708211048-XS.iso now installs
without any manual intervention.

Once the installation is complete, you reboot and remove the cd, and then the
rest of the fedora installation finishes automatically.

Once you logged into the system (current root-passwd: "faifai", I will change
that to "4allchildren" for the next iso) you can run "fai -N softupdate" to
deploy configuration changes and new packages with fai.

Tomorrow I'll add the code to bring up the mesh internet gateway to fai, so
that that is fully automated.

Then the next step should be to get rid of the firstboot steps from fedora (I
set FIRSTBOOT=no in /etc/sysconfig/firstboot, but it doesnt seem to have any
effect, need to investigate) and run fai automatically after installation.
Though loging in and typing "fai -N softupdate" isnt that hard - for the
moment :-)

regards,
	Holger