[Server-devel] sawzall package configuration

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Thu Aug 2 13:46:32 EDT 2007

sawzall:
1.) sawzall.laptop.org, a machine we used briefly as a schoolserver,
when we needed to test an IPv4 configuration and didn't
want to disturb schoolserver (which already supported IPv6).

2.) A wonderfully destructive power tool (also known as a
reciprocating saw), which I keep around in case I
need to saw through metal, concrete, wood, etc....

3.) The act of using #2

I think the automatic approach can only go so far.  I've been
whacking directly on the xs-config package
over the last 24 hours, and it is getting better.

The real problem is still that certain configuration files are
modified by anaconda in the kickstart file used
for the livecd install.  We need to modify that script and try to
tame the beast.

I'm moving all the documentation from the Team wiki to the open wiki,
with a root at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Server_Software
This is ongoing right now.  We will still request that you have
access to the Team wiki, but moving the docs
is faster!

wad