[OLPC Security] Seamless Lessons & Security (commentary)

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 11:30:58 EDT 2008

Martin's solution works for me.

This kind of dialogue is good for OLPC. Substantive and really thinking
about how kids and teachers will use the XO and Sugar.

We intend to embed all the activities relevant to a particular course
into one .xo bundle, excluding the pre-installed mainstays like Scratch
and Squeak. It has to be a super simple process to install an off-line
course, only two steps really.

For example, geometry module for Weeks 1-4 could include 2 flash
animations, two Squeak activities, and a relevant gcompris activity all
in the same .xo bundle. This way the kids and teachers won't have to
hunt down and install different xo bundles to cover a period of lessons.
Many of our kids are absent from school for a few weeks at a time to
work in the fields. We want them to be easily able to collect a period
of schoolwork all in one bundle and do it in the evenings after work.

How would JEB's work if the activities are installed as one .xo bundle?
And does anyone have a better idea?