[OLPC Security] How much of architecture document is actually implemented

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Wed Oct 10 17:39:08 EDT 2007

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 03:40:05PM -0400, Marcus Leech wrote:

> It sounds like there's still an awful lot to do to realize the vision
> contained in the BitFrost security document.

Correct.

> My management here at Nortel has volunteered roughly half of my time to
> work on XO security "stuff",

Music to my ears - please pass along my sincere thanks for your
collective offer.

> so I want to get as much good material as I can about what already
> exists, and how it all fits together.  I'm probably going to have to
> go through the mailing-list archives to try and get up to speed.

I recommend joining us in #olpc (currently on irc.freenode.org) and
asking questions directly. We'll be happy to point you directly toward
approprate sources there, and you'll be happier because you'll be
getting more accurate information.

The relevant people are myself (m_stone), Scott (c_scott), Ivan
(neuralis), and Mitch (Mitch_Bradley).

> Thanks again for the info.

You're very welcome!

Michael