[OLPC Security] Reaping children, and cleaning up their UIDs, /homes, etc.

Marcus Leech mleech at nortel.com
Wed Nov 7 16:17:43 EST 2007

Michael, et al:

I'm working on a mechanism to keep track of child data from the rainbow
daemon so that one could use the data to cleanup
  UIDs, /home directories, etc.   Right now, it just creates a
dictionary that is keyed by PID, and contains the bundle_id,
  but from this, I can keep track of many more things...

I've also put in code to correctly close exactly the FDs we want, just
before execve().  Using dup(), as pointed out earlier
  won't work, so I put in an os.walk('/proc/self/fd') to determine which
FDs need to be closed just before execvpe().

Cheers
-Marcus