[OLPC Security] AUFS and interactions with the Journal

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Tue Jun 5 12:25:35 EDT 2007

Ivan Krstić wrote:
> Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
>
>> AFAIK we have no work done yet on Bitfrost implementation?
>>

> The kernel core should be merged imminently. I don't think it's a good
> place to spend your time; for a variety of reasons, the security will be
> mostly driven in-house.

Fair enough wrt the implementation, but it seems like we do need more
*discussion* of the security system in public.  At least some of the
assumptions in the Bitfrost specification (such as the required coding
of each application to use a Journal file-selection dialogue) may need
some examination.
> Thank you for writing up your thoughts on the union overlays! I'll read
> the page and provide comments in the next few days.

I'm going over the other pages in the Security category now (Threats and
Mitigation and Correlating Bitfrost and Threats).  I'll try to give
feedback on those later today.

Have fun,
Mike