[OLPC Security] Developer Key

Simson Garfinkel simsong at acm.org
Wed Feb 21 22:11:49 EST 2007

> I disagree with your assertion that it is too easy to break the
> machine.
> Jim Gettys once wrote: "we expect frankenlaptops will be common,
> and are
> doing what we can to make that reasonable."
> That seems to suggest disassembly is reasonably easy without damage.

You are taking Jim's quote out of context. Jim said that he expects
that people will take machines that are broken and combine them into
machines that are not broken. But by this he means screens, keyboards
and system boards. Jim does not consider the system board to be a
part that can be worked upon.