[OLPC Security] Securing the laptop: DoS

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Sun Oct 8 00:48:31 EDT 2006

John Moser wrote:
> ^^^ This is probably the easiest to handle.  Just buffer and delay
> writes for a good 30-45 seconds, merging the changes in memory and then
> snapshotting and writing back to disk.

The way I'm hoping to mitigate the NAND burn problem is by a combination
of rate limiting and hard write quotas.

Simson Garfinkel:
> Hell, use a PNG so that the system can't tell the difference.

I think John was confused since pseudo-random number generators are
almost universally abbreviated as PRNGs, with PNG sometimes standing for
pseudo-random noise generators.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D