[OLPC Security] Re: Welcome to the "Security" mailing list

Alex Nunes alex at thesource.com.br
Mon Apr 3 02:05:21 EDT 2006

Hi everybody!!

My name is Alex Nunes, I am a member of the Codebreakers Team
(http://www.codebreakers.com.br)
We are a Team that research and develop technology security/unsecurity
applications.

As Walter said when he came for a meeting here at Sao Paulo,
the biggest problem the laptops are going to deal with, is the
monoculture of the hardware and software we are going to build.
This way one vulnerability found in one laptop could be exploited in any
other laptop from the olpc...
It could be as well, a very easy way to spread worms and viruses.

Thinking about it... get us to some questions: how vulnerabilities are
exploited? What vulnerabilities are most often found?
How worms propagate?

I have some answers already, but I would like to know what you guys
think about it...

Alex Nunes
Sefer_Zohar