[Rwanda-learningteam] TRAINING UPDATE

Julia Reynolds julia at laptop.org
Tue Apr 20 10:24:56 EDT 2010

Hello Team,

The trainings were a great success. Teachers were happy that they
created something tangible and were actually given the opportunity to
teach with XO with support.  Teachers are now energized to continue
teaching with the XO, and have asked for more training.

Here is the schedule starting this week:

KAGUGU:
Team Lead: Desire
4 KIE interns
Wednesday, 3-5pm
Beginners teachers will continue with basic training
Advanced teachers will be teaching using the XO with support
Kagugu is organizing an event for World Malaria Day, April 25th

NONKO:
Team Lead: Jimmy
2 KIE interns
No training tomorrow but we will start an inventory of broken laptops
since there were so many problems during training.We hope to hear the
plan from the Headmistress for training this week.
Nonko is also planning an event for Malaria Day

RWAMAGANA:
Team Lead: Julia
2 KIE interns
Thursday 3-5
First hour will be to help teachers teach in class
The second hour will focus on technical training

ESCAF:
Team Lead: Melissa
Wed & Friday, Kids 12:30-1:30
+6 OLPC/KIE
During the holiday kids did projects on ways the laptop can help their
community. ESCAF wants to have a community event next week where kids
show off their projects to parents to show that the laptops are being
used. After the event, kids will break into clubs with more focused
work.

Wednesday, Teachers 2-4pm
 Melissa +2 interns
Continue wih basic support with the goal for the teachers to
eventually teach the kids' clubs on their own.

Thank You,
Julia

--
Julia Reynolds