[Research] Anybody out there?

Mitchell Seaton mseaton at ekindling.org
Tue Mar 6 17:15:36 EST 2012

Hi Harv,

I'm a OLPC Volunteer, and work mainly with
eKindling<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/EKindling>in the Philippines and
also live here in Copenhagen, Denmark currently
since July last year!

Where are you based now, Harv?

Christoph' is right, I'm waiting for a single RPi unit on back-order here,
see what comes of it when I get my hands on one for testing. Yes, I also do
see RPi, Arduino, and Lego WeDo/Mindstorms as nice advanced add-ons and
would like to see some of these units reach our deployment schools in the
near future.

I think the main bulk of Sugar UI work is focusing around:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/GTK porting,
which got kicked off last year.

It will be interesting with the XO 3 given the choice of distro - what
Andriod GUI/launcher environment is going to be supported by OLPC,
developed? And what is going to make sense in the context of primary-age
school children.

Regards,
Mitch

--