[Research] Anybody out there?

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 16:45:26 EST 2012

Hi Harv,

great to hear from you.

Are you still based in Denmark? Because there's at least one student at
Aarhus University who's currently working on a PhD thesis which is related
to OLPC, plus in the past two other students did similar research work
there as well.

Additionally Mitch (in CC) who supports an OLPC project in the Philippines
is currently working for the university in Copenhagen. Seeing that he's
currently looking into the Raspberry Pi module and how it could potentially
be used for education in the OLPC context I think that your interest in GUI
programming of robots could make for some good discussions. :-)

Cheers,
Christoph

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Harv Stanic <harv at subsignal.org> wrote:

> Hi Claudia and Christoph,
>
> I lurk here from time to time, but there is hardly anything.
>
> I used to work for LEGO Education in Denmark as a SW Producer for WeDo and
> MINDSTORMS robots and before that I used to collaborate with Don Hopkins
> on some UI OLPC stuff and also used to teach Interactive Media at Bauhaus
> in Weimar Germany and at  Design School Kolding in Denmark.where  I was
> interested in the development of touch interfaces.
>
> Right now I am developing UI and GUI programming for robots for children
> age 14+ mainly for Android devices.
>
> it would be nice to know what new things are going on in OLPC world.
>
> I hope to have some more info here.
>
> my best
>
> Harv

Christoph Derndorfer