[Research] pilot studies

nick knouf nak44 at cornell.edu
Mon Jan 28 11:09:49 EST 2008

Hi Jennifer,

There's a paper by Juan Pablo Hourcade and others that is currently
in review for alt.chi (a part of the SIGCHI human-computer
interaction conference) that deals with a pilot study of the OLPC in
Uruguay. I'm not comfortable sending it out directly, but one of the
great things about alt.chi is that it is a public reviewing system,
so I encourage you to sign up and take a look at the paper:

http://www.chi2008.org/altchisystem/

The title of the paper is "Early OLPC Experiences in a Rural
Uruguayan School".

I'm hopeful the paper gets accepted so that it can be discussed in a
wider forum, as well as on OLPC lists.

(Full disclosure: I have no relationship with the authors, but I did
just write a positive review of the paper on the alt.chi system.)

Best,

nick