[Repairs] serial adapter

Seth Orbach sethorbach at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 10 16:05:57 EDT 2011

I am looking for a serial adapter to "unbrick" three XO-1 laptops.  It appears that the "3rd generation" adapter is the easiest to use, but I can use whatever I can find.  There was a reference on the wiki page (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Serial_adapters) to some commercial adapters but it was difficult to tell from the images if they would actually work (one seemed to have a mini USB but no other connector, the other appeared to be usb to a serial connector but no way to connect to the J1 on the motherboard.

Does anyone know of a source for an adapter?