[Repairs] [support-gang] Fixing up [[Repair center locations]]

Sandy Culver sculver at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 20:13:43 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Luke Faraone <luke at faraone.cc> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Currently, http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Repair_center_locations is difficult
> (IMHO) to use.
>
> Would it be helpful to add info at the end of each repair center such as
> "(Mail / In person)" or "(status unknown)"?
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Luke Faraone
> http://luke.faraone.cc

The uptick in XO repair issues, many "Fix Clock" issues, has helped
bring this issue of "how to improve the process" to the forefront.
Thanks Luke for starting the dialog.

One idea I have been thinking about is how to use the "Self Serve"
ticket creation process at RT, see:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/SelfService

An email address could be attached to each 'active' repair center'
which would generate an automatic Self Service RT ticket.

Sandy

--
Mr. Sandy Culver
sculver at gmail.com