[Repairs] Repair center howto

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Mon Jun 23 18:30:53 EDT 2008

Over stuffed pizza in Chicago last night, the question of "what do you
need to start a repair center?" came up (yes, again).

Since we don't have something like the [[Developers program]] process in
place yet, I drafted up notes from the conversation in the form of one
possible "here's how you might start one, and what the interface between
(potential) repair centers and OLPC might look like" page.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Repair_center_howto_draft

Thoughts? How useful would this be if it were real? What would need to
happen (from both sides) to put it in place?

We'll be trying to test out these procedures with a few fledgling repair
centers in the Chicago area this summer, if local groups are willing. ;)

-Mel