[Power] EasyAcc MicroUSB battery packs that charge WHILE they're being charged

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon May 2 18:06:44 EDT 2016

I've tested some other models, not these ones.  I continue to use them
carefully.  The "smart output" features can include;

- raises the voltage above 5V in order to decrease charge time for
devices that are demanding high current, and;

- shuts down once the device being charged has ceased demand.

When using the power bank to do something other than recharge a
smartphone or tablet, these features can interfere.

Three of these in series might power an XO laptop.

If I power a BeagleBone Black or Raspberry Pi, a sudden increase in
CPU load may cause the voltage to be raised, and a sudden drop cause
the power to turn off.

I've tested four different models.  One model shuts down the output
when placed on charge.  The others will continue to output.

I've not tested whether they are able to do what the XO does; which is
electrically disconnect the battery once it is charged, and continue
to operate from the input cable only.  The XO disconnects the battery
to increase service life of the battery.

On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 07:58:32AM -0700, Adam Holt wrote:
> George Hunt asked that I send the link for the one I use:
> [1]http://amazon.com/dp/B00XTXY0JW $15.99
>
> Also 10,000 mAh is their newer model that presumably also charges WHILE being
> charged?
> [2]http://amazon.com/dp/B00H9BEC8E $18.99
>
> Any other recommendations in this area?

> [1] http://amazon.com/dp/B00XTXY0JW