[Power] [support-gang] XO Battery Life

Sora Edwards-Thro sora at unleashkids.org
Sun Aug 9 18:09:46 EDT 2015

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 5:58 PM, Sora Edwards-Thro <sora at unleashkids.org>
> wrote:
>
>> "Unusable" in this case means that the computer cannot reliably last 2
>> hours without dying on a fully-charged battery.
>>

> Isn't that asking a lot, when XO-1 laptops (and probably XO-1.5's too)
> barely last 2 hours when brand new from the factory?  (I could be wrong,
> but that's my recollection, depending how intensive cam/components are all
> being used during those 2 hours!)

Thanks for putting it in context. Maybe 2 hours is too much to ask for.
Classes are 45 minutes long, so that's the true lower limit. The main
activities planned (reading and writing) shouldn't be too intensive, but
we'll be connecting to the server rather frequently so we do need WiFi to
stay on.

> PS if you it doesn't bother you, am cc'ing power at lists.laptop.org so this
> knowledge is shared more publicly+usefully.

Thanks.