[Power] Samples of new Solar panel avalable

Richard Smith richard at laptop.org
Wed Jun 27 13:40:03 EDT 2012

I have some samples of a new solar panel for the XO.  Its meant to be
a 2nd source for the existing solar panel. I'd like to offer these
samples her to people on the power list first.

I need to test how robust these new panels will be in the field so if
you request one then I need you to use it as much as you can.  I need
you to try and carry it with you and see how it fairs with normal wear
and tear.  These panels fold in half and have a canvas cover.  I'll
put up a picture and send on a link.

I don't want you to intentionally try to break it but don't be gentle
with it by any means.

If you are interested then please send me your shipping address and
your expected use pattern.

There are, however,  a few issues with these samples.  The output
cable on these panels is very short, almost too short. This will be
corrected on the production unit.  Also there was some adhesive
leakage around the PV material this makes the panel look a bit ugly
but its still functional.

--
Richard A. Smith
One Laptop per Child